Tuesday, March 19, 2013

So, about my blog...

Well, the last post I have on here is from June 2012. Oops. If you have a blog of your own or know someone who had a blog, it can be very easy to stop blogging. Let's be honest.

 I personally love reading blogs. Some of my favorite ones are The Elliott Homestead and Young House Love. I don't mean they are just "good" blogs. What I am really saying but not saying is how I could spend hours and days reading their posts. They inspire me in many ways. Check 'em out. Anywho, I have been caught up in other blogs and neglected mine in the process. But, I am back!

I often feel like I don't have anything special to blog about on a regular basis. When we were remodeling our home, I had tons of things to post. Like this. And this one. Okay one more. But now that that is all done, praise Jesus, I want to start blogging about other things. I do a lot of things I guess that are "blog worthy", but I need to be consistent and possibly have a theme or goal. My mom helped me come up with some ideas. So far, they are still ideas :)

But, today I did a fun little paint project. I woke up today and said to myself, "Self, you need to paint something." So I did. I have had this cart in my kitchen for a long time.

Plain. Not stained. But today I painted it and stained the top. I like it a lot! Pretty easy. The part that took the longest was painting the shelf slats. Just a little time consuming is all. I sat out on my little deck in the sun with Pandora on. A great way to spend my day. I already had the stain and some brushes. Not to mention the cart. It cost me a whopping $9 for the paint. And it kept my entertained for 3 hours! :)





I also made this sourdough bread tonight. It doesn't look anything like the picture. HAHA its actually really funny how opposite they are. But the taste is great :) I am really trying to perfect some sourdough bread. I will keep trying. Sorry husband.




1 comment:

  1. I've missed your blogging! The cart looks incredible - you did a great job. And you are seriously inspiring me to start baking more. :-)

    ReplyDelete