Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Kauai-Day 8

Well, its no secret I like to fall asleep early, especially on the couch. That is exactly what I did last night, hence no blog post.

Yesterday, Erin went scuba diving nice and early. I hit the mall for a while, which consisted of Starbucks and Macy's. Not many large department stores on the island. However, there is  KMart, Walmart and Costco.

Erin had a great dive! He could see all the way to the bottom, which was about 60 feet or so. That doesn't happen in California. I got me a hat and some TOMS.

We had some delicious lunch after I picked up Erin from diving. I got to drive the car for the first time while he was gone. The whole time I have been chauffeured by my husband! He is sweet, but mostly because we didn't want to pay extra for me to be a driver. I'm not 25 yet :) So cruising in the convertible was fun!

This place was fun. Everyone writes on the walls. We thought this was a funny picture!


Next, we headed to the Kilohanna Plantation. We took a 40 minute train ride around the plantation. It was pretty fun! 





There are papayas growing on the trees!

Pineapples! They take 2 years to grow and you get 1-2 per plant.

Wild pigs!


We don't get a sunset on our side of the island but we have a golden hour :)

No comments:

Post a Comment