Monday, October 24, 2011

I've Been Feeling Crafty!

Lately, I have been taking full advantage of my Michael's coupons for 40-50% off items. I have been making 1 trip a week, and each time getting another coupon for the next week! I love getting good deals :)

I made a wreath! It was a lot of time consuming, tedious cutting and gluing paper and cutting wire, but I am thrilled with the results!

I used a book that I already had with pages that were turning yellow with age. Bought some wire and glue and ribbon, etc.
I glued a piece of wire in between two pages, drew the leaf design and cut them out. Then I coiled them around another piece of wire I made into a large U or almost a full circle.
And this is the finished product! I am super happy with it, it's perfect for fall.
Here is the link to the website from Martha Stewart if you want this idea/pattern
Also, this week I cooked up some fish on the BBQ with Erin. He caught a LinCod in July when we went to Brookings, OR and we got to eat some of it last night!
The lemons, peppers, and tomatoes are right from Erin's dad's garden. That is so fun!
And this was our dessert: A rustic apple tart

2 comments:

  1. You are such the homemaker! The wreath is beautiful....where did you find the book to cut up? I can't think of any books I have that I could cut up, so I would have to find some boring book at a thrift store to use. And your dinner looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had the book already, I bought it at a used bookstore, it was a poetry book so I used that too because the leaves have pretty words on them :)

    ReplyDelete