Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Nesting...and painting!

The painting is never ending in this house. I used to love to paint. Ha! It's not even actually painting the room that takes the longest amount of time and energy, it's 90% prep work! Washing the walls, sanding, taping, priming, and then painting. And then touching up! But, I am so satisfied with the way the rooms are looking compared to the shape they were in when we bought this house.

I have been buying little treasures. There are 2 stores down here in Midtown that I love. One is called the Summer Porch, it's on J and 33 I think. And then there is another antique store that I don't think has a name and that is on J and 23. I bought these two pieces of furniture, and love them! I guess I like wicker furniture hehe.

This shelf will go at the end of the kitchen to hold my cookbooks and platters, ect.

This will go in den/office room. I plan on putting my arts and crafts tools in it or something along those lines.

This is the before and after of our bathroom! It's coming along.





I also found this sweet sewing table in the basement! It was just sitting there stored amongst other stuff and I new exactly what it was when I saw it.
I'm sure it still works, the peddle is there and the cord too. It's not a really old machine but it's still neat. And it will look nice when I dust it off hehe.

For the 4th of July weekend, we went floating down the American River Sunday afternoon with a some friends and it was cold water! Then headed to a bbq after that. It was at one of Erin's friend's parent's house and they have the coolest old house! It was built in the late 1800's. We did a lot of talking and discussed the joys and hard work in owning a old home. There house was beautiful and inspiring. Then on the 4th we visiting family in Applegate for the day and headed to our usual spot, Davis. It was a lot of fun seeing old friends and watching their families grow up! Good fellowship and great fireworks.

I love the summer time but really miss living in our little apartment where the one AC window unit cooled it down fast. Our house is hot! But we are usually working on it and getting hot and sweaty anyways, so it's not too bad but we have a AC unit in our room to help us sleep at night. And in the kitchen so I don't die of heat stroke while trying to make dinner for my hubby :) Since we are getting rid of the kitchen on the other back side of the house, we have an extra stove and fridge. Erin likes the idea of me cooking in the basement so our kitchen doesn't get hot. He thinks he is so funny :)
What a hard worker :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the paint in the bathroom! And you are an amazing finder-of-antiques. I can't wait to see it when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete