Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday's Success!

I unfortunately had to work from 830-3pm on Saturday, but my awesome husband, sister and mother in law did some serious work on the house! I came home and all the carpet was pulled up. And, underneath the carpet was really old linoleum tiles, that they also took up.
Jeannie (mother in law) came up with a good point that we should probably rip up all of that before we paint the walls so they don't get all dirty again, brilliant! There were seriously 30 bags full of these tiles, that we stacked alongside the house. Once we start construction, we will get a dumpster.




We had to wear respirators, because we're pretty sure the tiles contain asbestos! I was telling my coworkers I wanted a pink one, but purple will do :)
After cleaning up all the floors, I worked on painting our bedroom while Erin finished changing all the locks. And he did buy a new facet for us too. So this is a before and after picture of our bedroom.

All in a days work! Thanks Amy and Jeannie for your help! We left the house about 9, 12 hours after Erin got there! Time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of you two with your respirators on. I can't wait to see it when its done!

    ReplyDelete